Thursday 22 December 2011

some pre christmas practice cookies

Well as christmas is getting closer I have been doing my best to get some cookies done. Feels like it snuck right up on me but I managed to make a few goodies. I got the mitt idea from one of my favourite blogs bakeat350 she does some amazing stuff and it is all fairly easy to follow. This is the post with the instructions and this is the recipe I used for the cookies. I used the royal icing recipe from sweetopia I love this site as well for inspiration here is the royal icing recipe follow it exactly as it says. If you dont have a mixer you can use a hand mixer just make sure you still mix for ten mins. I'm still working on the right constancy and such that's my biggest challenge sounds silly but it's hard.As you can see on my snowflakes the blue icing was a bit runny so it didn't hold it's shape well. I also made up some gingerbread i got the recipes off allrecipes I don't have the link because i use my app sorry but it was highest rated. I did some shortbread the recipe was also allrecipes app it was literally 2 cups butter 1 cup sugar 2 tsp of vanilla and 4 cups flour worked out great. I probably wont be posting until after Christmas so hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy new year! I promise there will be more cookies to come in the new year.


I used disco dust to make the snowflakes sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment