Friday 16 December 2011

Melted snowmen cookies and a special gift

well when my hubby told me he needed cookies for his Christmas party I immediately thought melted snowman cookies which I had seen here. I think they turned out really good but I wasn't really feeling the cookie recipe itself that they linked. they were more like a cake cookies than a sugar cookie for me anyways but you could use any recipe you want. As the link states I followed it almost exactly except I found the marshmallows heated up faster in my microwave so that would vary for each one. When the marshmallow was placed and the icing was dry I painted the "snow" with luster dust mixed with lemon extract which I have to mention is not fda approved for food but for makeup but it is non toxic. So it wont kill you and we use non fda approved stuff all the time so this is no biggie in my books.

The extract evaporates fast as its about 99% alcohal so work quickly. When it has all dried you can poor the dried parts back into your container as it turns back to dust. I made my black icing too runny so it was a little less strong looking than I would have liked but hey i'm still learning. I waited for the luster dust to dry which gave the snow a bit of an opaque sheen looking like snow. Than I added the details and they were done. It sounds and looked more complicated than it was. The cookies did spread quite a bit making them huge which Trevor obviously couldnt take 24 of them to work. So I whipped up some shortbread in minutes with my new kitchen aid mixer aint she a bute
Came this morning via UPS shipped from amazon.ca so no nasty charges this time. I am so in love with this thing I got this one as much as I wanted a pink one I couldn't see spending an extra 100 bucks for the colour alone and a weaker motor. Free shipping and showed up in about a week in two boxes so I had one to ship my son back in
hahaha jk jk. Well I am going to be working on some more christmas cookies so I will post when there all done hope your all having a wicked day.








just a little p.s the marshmallows get super sticky make sure you grease the plate up good and your fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment