Friday 14 October 2011

sugar cookie fail!!

Well i was off my game today cookie wise but thought I would make some Sugar cookies anyways. I set out on a search for a new recipe just to switch it up a bit from the norm. That's when I stumbled across bakeat350 this site is awesome full of tips and recipes. I ended up going with this recipe which turned out amazing great flavor and a softer cookie which I prefer. For those who don't you can roll it out thinner and bake a bit longer i did mine about 8-10 mins just watched really closely. I did my usual royal icing recipe but didn't thin out my flood icing enough ugh by that time it was in the piping bag and there was no going back. I have done these cookies a million times ok well maybe like 10 and have never done this so off my game. I am almost ashamed to show these pics but live and learn having a toddler shaking the table while outlining is never a good idea and always remember to water down your flood icing. There is more amazing recipes on sweetopia tons of recipes as well as tips etc.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Lex!! I like the one that looks like a cat in the top left corner, and the one that has half a smile (depression cookie lol).

    ReplyDelete